Friday, April 19, 2013

Cookies,Cakes and Pie Oh My!

Since I've been breastfeeding I've had an intense sweet tooth that's inspired me to do more baking than normal. Late night feedings have had me up scrolling through recipes on Pinterest and food blogs. Here are a few recipes I wanted to share with you, the cookies and pie I've posted are two new recipes I've tried
and the dump cake an old favorite of ours. I was thinking of doing something like an under 'Five Ingredient Sweet Tooth Fix' to blog about? A challenge with a sweet reward. So far I have two recipes that would fall under that category, take a peek.    

Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies
 We baked and decorated cookies for Easter. The recipe is linked below, just something fun and easy to do with the kids plus they enjoyed delivering them to our neighbors and friends.






 

Peach Dump Cake
 

This is one of my very favorite in a pinch and need something sweet now recipes. While it does take some time to bake, it takes no time to throw together.
Ingredients:
1 29 ounce can of peaches
1 box of yellow cake mix
1 stick of butter (melted)
Cinnamon to taste
 
Directions:
Pour peaches with syrup into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle yellow cake mix evenly over the top of peaches. Sprinkle cinnamon over the cake mix and peaches. Pour melted butter evenly over cake mix. Do not mix! Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until light golden brown and bubbly.
 
I didn't have the large 29 ounce can of peaches the recipe called for, just a small one in the pantry but got lucky scoring 1 of the kids peach fruit cups. I combined the two together and it worked perfectly.  


Two Ingredient Cookie Pie

 
 
Ingredients:
1 roll of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
1/2 cup chocolate chips
 
Directions:
 Press half the cookie dough into the bottom of a pie dish, sprinkle chocolate chips over the cookie dough, then crumble the rest of your cookie dough over the chocolate chips. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
 

If you have a craving for a warm fresh out of the oven chocolatey gooey centered melt in your mouth cookie, this recipe is for you!
 



1 comment: