Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Linen Ruffle Wreath


Here is where I found the inspiration and tutorial for my wreath 
My thought process after scrolling through the pictures, I can make a ruffle, I can make that wreath!


IMG_9977
 picture from

 In the tutorial she uses a 10" foam wreath, I chose a 12" and added an extra ruffle. Making the ruffles was the easy part and took no time. I happened to make my ruffles separately and missed the step needed to sew them all together to make one long continuous ruffle, this probably would've been easier, but was no problem to do after reading through the directions;). The part I found challenging was getting the ruffles somewhat of an equal distance apart from each other and trying to angle them just so without having them slide, I ended up using a small dot of hot glue to secure each ruffle in place. I made a very simple bow and also hot glued it to the wreath.



I saw an idea like this on pinerest and thought it was adorable!

I used tall clear treat bags that I had on hand from packaging Christmas cookies. I tossed some cotton balls inside the sugar cones not wanting to waste my precious peanut butter M&Ms where they wouldn't be seen, so it would give me more to inhale later that night while I was up making my wreath
( those suckers are dangerous!)

I like the pop of spring cheeriness these projects brought to our home!



Our puppy Maddie snoozing away under the kitchen table.




The Lilly Magnolia tree we planted a few years ago,
is now one of my favorite first signs of spring. 
Which reminds me

Pinned Image
Image from http://southernpiphi.tumblr.com

5 comments:

  1. That is ADORABLE!!!! Thanks for sharing it :) I am excited to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! beautiful actually. will you make me one? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I love ruffles, this will be in my house someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies, I'm so glad you like it!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple yet very elegant. Can see it in a burlap l well. I would imagine that the best way with burlap since it frays so easily would be to double the width of three of the strips. Fold the strips in half lengthwise before making the ruffle. I would think that this style of wreath would look best with a more finished appearance. You would also need to adjust the yardage needed accordingly. Next time there is a sale on burlap, I'm giving it a try.

    ReplyDelete