Monday, March 3, 2014

Chalk Paint!

So I've fallen in love with chalk paint! No room is safe, no furniture off limits!

 Paris Gray, French Linen and Duck Egg blue. The stuff  IS gorgeous!

 
The picture below inspired me to paint my baskets in Annie Sloan's French Linen.  
 
 


 
image from
I came across this color swatch on Pinterest and experimented with the Pure White + French Linen + Coco
and combined it with a chalk paint and sanding technique I saw here on YouTube
 
 
 
I was thrilled with the final result. I thought it resembled the pricey 'Restoration Hardware look'
but without the price!
 

 
 
 
 
Just below is an image and link to Restoration Hardware where their weathered frames range from $60 - $90 each. Yikes! 
Weathered Oak Gallery Frames - Stepped
 

 
I love still life photography and would love to take a class sometime when the schedule allows.

 
 I picked this piece up at a consignment store a couple weeks ago. It was in need of a little love and a fresh coat of paint, so I used the Duck Egg blue.
 
 
 Isn't this color so tranquil and dreamy? I went over it with just one coat. I like the way the cream color peeks through. I do think I'll sand and distress it then try to post an updated picture.
 
 
Look how pretty she is now:)
 


Carry Grant and Irene Dunne in "My Favorite Wife" 1940. Such a great movie. I watched it a couple nights ago. By myself:)
 
 Cary Grant and Irene Dunne in "My Favorite Wife", 1940
 
Did I mention we've cancelled cable! It's been great. I no longer have that negative pull to unwind to one
of my guilty pleasure DVR shows and neither does the hubs. I feel as though it's really improved our relationship. For example, now I just make him watch old romantic movies with me;) Ha! I'm kidding.. but I do think in someway it's brought us closer together and the kids aren't watching as much T.V. either. Win, Win.
 
My bestie gave me this Cary Grant collection a couple Christmas's back. I love it!
You can find it on Amazon.
TCM Greatest Classic Films: Legends - Cary Grant: My Favorite Wife / Night And Day / The Bachelor And The Bobby-Soxer / Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House
 
 
What's your favorite Cary Grant movie?
 


Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh que bonito todo!!!!! tus trabajos, tu familia, felicidades por la bb!!!, que lindo ver a sus hermanitos dandole cariƱo!!!! Dios bendiga tu hogar!

    ReplyDelete